Testosterone replacement therapy is a type of treatment used to help men with low testosterone. You are considered to have low-T if your testosterone blood levels fall below 300ng/dl, as the normal range is anywhere from 300-1000 ng/dl. Your testosterone levels can drop below average for several reasons, the most common
being age. As you grow older your testosterone naturally depletes, and by age 30, you lose roughly 1% each year.
Testosterone is known as the male sex hormone, but it does more than just increase libido and assist in sperm production. Your testosterone levels also regulate fat distribution throughout your body, help to maintain bone density, assist in the growth of hair, increase red blood cell production, and promote lean muscle mass. Therefore, when testosterone levels get low, all these things are affected.
Testosterone replacement therapy, a treatment offered at any testosterone clinic in Las Vegas, helps increase testosterone levels gradually, to reduce negative symptoms, and in some cases, reverse them. Here are 10 benefits, this therapy can provide to you.
1. More Balanced Hormones: Low testosterone can lead to an imbalance in your other hormones, specifically estradiol or E2. Estradiol is an estrogen related female sex hormone, which affects the development of many feminine features during puberty, such as breast development, and the widening of the hips. The Asian Journal of Andrology explains, “In the brain, estradiol synthesis is increased in areas related to sexual arousal. In addition, in the penis, estrogen receptors are found throughout the corpus cavernosum with high concentration around neurovascular bundles. Low testosterone and elevated estrogen increase the incidence of erectile dysfunction independently of one another” In men, high levels of estradiol also cause low sex drive, bloating, mood swings and increased breast tissue. TRT can positively influence the balancing of your hormones to decrease these negative side effects.
2. Better Muscle Recovery: Testosterone plays a big role in the distribution and production of lean muscle tissue, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it also regulates the recovery rate of that muscle tissue following physical activity. There’s a reason that aging men find it more difficult to work out at the gym every day, while younger men can hit the weight room with little trouble. As you age, and hormone levels become irregular, it changes the way that your body produces and maintains muscle tissue, making recovery time slower. TRT can increase lean muscle mass and help improve recovery time.
3. Self-Confidence and Self-Worth: A reduced rate of testosterone can impact the way that men view themselves, and impact mood in a big way. For many men, the lack of libido, weight gain, and decreased muscle mass can play a role in self-esteem and self-confidence. Testosterone replacement therapy in Las Vegas, and other large cities around the country, offers an olive branch when it comes to regaining some of this self-worth, as these symptoms subside.
4. Heightened Sex Drive: Testosterone is the hormone which produces many of the sexual changes seen in men as they reach puberty. As T-levels begin to decrease, all those heightened sexual urges diminish. For some men, this might mean a slightly less enigmatic performance in the bedroom, but for others it can lead to erectile dysfunction, low sex drive, and fatigue. According to the Journal of Therapeutic Advances in Urology, “Improvements in sexual function are not only in terms of erectile function but are seen in desire, ejaculation, orgasm and intercourse, and relationship satisfaction. TRT also upregulates phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (PDE5Is)…”
5. Better Athletic Performance: As men age, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep up with sports and other active events. It helps if you’ve been athletic all your life, but even professional athletes find it difficult to perform after 40. This is due to many reasons, one of which being hormone depletion. According to a 2011 publication in the Journal of Hormone Behavior, “Testosterone and other anabolic-androgenic steroids enhance athletic performance in men and women…Endogenous androgen production is dynamically regulated by both exercise and winning in competition. Furthermore, testosterone may promote athletic performance, not only through its long-term anabolic actions, but also through rapid effects on behavior.”
6. Increased Mood: Above, you heard that your self-worth can be impacted by TRT, but your mood can also improve. Low testosterone is linked to mood swings and depression, this may be because testosterone is a driving factor in the assertive or aggressive behavior the male sex is known for. When levels drop, these behaviors change as well, and can cause meekness, causing men to become more introverted. Receiving therapy for testosterone in Las Vegas can help you overcome this symptom.
7. Improved Sleep Patterns: According to studies regarding the link between testosterone and circadian rhythm, low testosterone levels could impede your ability to get a good night’s sleep. In fact, low-T decreases quality, and length of sleep in men, while TRT can improve these issues.
8. Insulin Sensitivity: Low-t can cause insulin resistance, which means that your body is unable to properly use or regulate insulin. This is dangerous for men with diabetes, who rely on regulated insulin to stay healthy. Increasing your testosterone can positively impact men with type 2 diabetes by helping to better regulate insulin sensitivity.
9. Bone Density: One of the first things to go as you age are your joints and bones. You may find it difficult to perform the same tasks, and this can be due to a depletion of testosterone, which is known to strengthen bones. Testosterone replacement therapy helps improve bone density and strengthen bones and joints which have become weak.
10. Fertility Help: Testosterone is an essential hormone for the production and maintenance of sperm. Unlike women whose eggs stop production at a certain point in their lives, a man’s sperm will continue to develop throughout his life. Unfortunately, it won’t always develop at the same rate or quality as it may have in your youth. TRT helps increase sperm production and quality of sperm, making the chances of reproduction higher for those trying to have a baby.
You can receive testosterone replacement in Las Vegas, by visiting one of the many sexual health clinics around the city.